Thursday, November 21, 2002

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/1121/1463950.html

First, ANOTHER baseball team in Montreal!? I think it's hilarious that Canada is starting up a Canadian Baseball League; gotta be pissing off Butt Selig to no end. We'll see where it goes. hope it does well.

Second, about Iverson I guess:
My general thoughts on feeling bad for the rich and famous is: I don't feel any worse for them than I do anyone else. I feel bad for anyone living Philly. Why? BECAUSE THEY LIVE IN PHILLY. But, beyond that, I'm not sure Iverson's really complaining about anything that he wouldn't complain about if he WEREN'T famous; but because he is famous there's someone there to write it down. Iverson's lifestyle, before and during pro basketball, is one of the streets; and if you live or associate with the street you either are, or feel as if you are, being repressed by 'The Man'. Allen, regardless of fame, would bitch about 'The Man.' That's what he does. I don't feel bad for him, just like I don't feel bad for anyone else who lives their life antagonizing police officers. I don't think Iverson's saying "feel bad for me, the press just won't leave me alone." (see Michael 'the hypocrit' Jordan for that: Which, by the way, I am loving EVERY MINUTE of) Iverson's saying "Damn The Man", and he's just using the press (a privilege and burden of fame) to say it, and I can respect that. Iverson's a street punk, always was, always will; I wouldn't read anything into what he says anymore than I would anything else some street punk has to say.
---Jeff---

No comments: