Monday, January 23, 2006

A New Blog

Because I have so much free time (that's sarcasm for those of unfamiliar with the concept), I have started another blog. I keep a journal at home of all the books I read, the date I finished them, and I attempt to give them some sort of rating. I'd like to be able to put that online, but this particular blog isn't really an appropriate place for that. So, I've started a different blog called "Frittering and Wasting." To the extent anyone cares, they can see what I do to kill time until I die. For example, the books I read. The music I listen to. The concerts I go to. The movies I watch. You'll notice there are no comments allowed there; it's really just an online place that I'm going to put stuff for myself that I'm interested in remembering (because I have a crappy memory), but that others can read if they choose. I thought about starting a MySpace thing for it, but I don't really like their format, so I chose an open-source project called "Live Journal" instead.

I think it'll make an interesting experiment. Over time, it could make an interesting self-referential guide to my own private culture. I mean, it'll be interesting to see if the music and movies I hear and see are influenced by the books I read, or vice versa. Anyway. You can find it here.

No comments: