Tuesday, February 28, 2006

8th Grade Math Is Easy

I'm pretty sure I knew how to do this in 8th grade, too. In any event - if this is what standardized tests require 8th graders to know, the students have it pretty easy.

You Passed 8th Grade Math

Congratulations, you got 10/10 correct!


I always hear how "hard" the standardized test are. But from the questions I've seen from them, they err on the side of too easy. It's just a shame that students that fail these things blame anyone other than themselves. I can guarantee you that everything on those tests is in every curriculum in the country. The really disappointing thing I've found though is that schools are basing their curriculums around these exams, which seems to me to be dumbing down the curriculum. This is stuff that should be a given to an 8th grader, stuff they learned on the way to learning to other stuff - not what the 8th grader should be striving to learn.

No comments: